Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lots to catch up on

I don't remember if I updated everyone on Dave's situation. About a month ago he was having problems with tingling in his left arm and fingers. This had been going on for about a week or two and he was getting concerned because of the family history of heart issues and diabetes. He made a doctors appointment, that alone concerned me because he NEVER goes to the doctor unless he is REALLY sick. Any way, the doctor ordered blood work and a stress test. We waited a couple of days and he was feeling like it was getting worse so the doctors' nurse told him to go to the ER in Pordenone. We spent 10 hours there hooked up to cardiac monitors and waited for the cardiologist to appear. Italy is VERY laid back and their philosophy is we will get to it when we get to it. Any way, when he FINALLY saw the cardiologist, who was all of 20 years old, she told us there was no evidence of cardiac problems. YEAH!!! Dave went ahead a did the stress test as ordered by the doctor, and everything was great!! There is NO sign of cardiac problems, so far no diabetes. His cholesterol is a little high but the doctor didn't seem to be too concerned about it, told him to continue riding his bike and watch his diet.

I believe that the tingling in his arm and fingers is due to carpal tunnel.

We have signed up for the craft fair here on base for the 4th of July. I have tried to get as many baby outfits done as I could to sell, and I will be taking orders as well. I also decided to sell the cross stitch projects that I have completed over all these years. Aimee and Wendy are also going to be selling some of their paintings and photos. We are all excited to participate in this activity. I just hope that it doesn't rain all day.

An update on my arthritis I suppose is about due. The doctor put me on Mobic, an arthritis medication, for a month and it didn't really help and it also caused some side affects that I wasn't too thrilled about. So for now we are just trying to manage my pain, not too successfully right now, but oh well. I am looking forward to returning to the states and finding a doctor that specializes in arthritis. Last November I was able to go to the gym and do some walking and exercises. I was really enjoying it and feeling a bit better, the pain was a bit managable. But since January I have not been able to go and sometimes I am lucky to walk down the stairs. Of course, some days are better than others. I do what I can, when I can and try not to do too much when I am having a good day.

3 comments:

GG said...

God bless you and your family. You are all doing a great job with all that is going on in your life. Wishing you success at the fair on the 4th. Sure do enjoy your blog, looking at all your creative hand work, and your beautiful farm on Facebook. Pat

The Christensen Family said...

I am glad that all is going well as can be. I am sorry to hear your in so much pain. I wish you all luck on the 4th and you sell a lot of things.

Debbie said...

How did the craft fair go? Were you able to sell anything? I know the weather was not very agreeable.