Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2009 100+ book challenge



So I found this awesome blog that focuses on reading. If you know me I love to read just about anything I can get my hands on. If you have been to my home you know I have a library of very good, and probably some not so good, books. Many of my friends borrow books from my library and love sharing my love of books with others. All of my daughters have their own libraries as well.





Any way the blog I found is http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/

I hope it was okay to copy the picture from her blog. I have accepted this challenge and on my side bar I have the list of books that I have read thus far with the date that I finished them. So far I have finished 52 out of 100.

I am currently reading several other books:

1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

2. The Heir of Mistmantle Book Four Urchin and the Raven War by M. I. McAllister, this series I have been reading to Kaitlyn at night before she goes to bed each night

3. The Book of Mormon

4. The Immortal Hunter A Rogue Vampire Novel by Lynsay Sands

5. Prelude to Glory Vol. 6 The World Turned Upside Down by Ron Carter

I just love to read so much. A lot of people I know read one book at a time, but not me...I read many as you can tell.

Join the challenge which ends the 31th December 2009.

2 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

I just don't know how you can read more than one book at a time, let alone 3 or more. I am glad I can read one book. lol I love to read also, just one at a time for me please. I don't keep track when I finish them either. Are you sure we're realated.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that book blog, I also love to read, there are so many good books out there, I have a hard time deciding. So I understand you reading more than one at a time.
like for me, I have one in every corner of my house, in my office, in the break room, in the car.

and there are different times of the day that we need to read different things, for example:
book of mormon always in the morning.
A non fiction book in the car, for emergencies, and long lights, or drive throughs.
A novel in the bed room or on the side table, and extra set of scriptures.

Magazines in the bathroom of course, just in case.
Cook books in the kitchen, a really really good novel in my bag, it's just so good I have to carry it everywhere and have it on hand and ready to substitute the one in the car, and read it every moment I get.
I love the ones in my bag!!!

like I said I love books,
and I made this comment way to long, so I might as well post it on my own blog! :)