Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 7 thru 14, 2010

This last week has been a week of sickness! Poor Kaitlyn, I don't think she actually completely recovered from her last illness because she came home Tuesday from school really sick. We spent the rest of the week sleeping and in bed or on the couch! I felt so bad for her. I think next year if the school requires the flu vaccine, I'm going to listen to my instinct and sign the waiver so she doesn't have to get it. It might mean she will have to spend a week or two at home because everyone else is getting the flu, but at least I won't have to deal with her being sick!!

We heard from Aimee on Tuesday which is her P-day and she is doing well. We sent her a care package through dearelder.com and she LOVED it! Her and her companion had a wonderful meal of nachos and some wonderful goodies! She is learning a lot and trying to grasp the Vietnamese language. She will get it with the Lord's help.

We also talked with Wendy on Thursday to check on her and she seems to be doing really well. She is applying for work and working on getting her schooling done. She was also able to get the Driver's Learner's Permit!!! So Grandpa is teaching her how to drive. I hope she does better than I did when my Daddy was teaching me!!! Remember that Daddy?

I taught my first Relief Society lesson today! I wasn't a bit nervous or antsy. I guess that's the advantage of actually being called to the position and being set apart for the job. I have missed my girls, but haven't shed too many tears. I guess it just must be time for them to be out of our house. Of course, it probably helps knowing that they are where they are supposed to be and doing what the Lord wants them to be doing.

Dave took this last week off from work to get some things done that needed to done, like getting Wendy's things scheduled to be shipped. We weren't able do what we really wanted to because Kaitlyn was home sick the whole time as well. Oh well, we will have two weeks at Christmas.

No comments: