Sunday, December 14, 2008

Good Day at Church

Oh my goodness it has been at least a month since I've been to church. It felt so good to be there and be able to partake of the sacrament and renew my baptismal covenants.



I have felt so good over the last week and people at church actually noticed and commented on how good I looked and then asked me what I have been doing. I told them that number one the Mobic (the medication for my arthritis) must have finally kicked in. Number two I decided that, after two months of feeling sorry for myself that I have gotten a bum deal with this disease, I'm NOT going to let it take over my life and so I will not be sitting around waiting for it to take over. I am going to fight it every step of the way. Number three I am going to get healthy by changing my eating habits and that of my family and also work out at the gym. Yes, I'm still excited about this new change in myself.



I have done a lot of praying and studying about what I can do to help myself take control of my life instead of feeling stuck. I have tried for a year to order online a new body from Barnes and Noble but they continue to tell me that they haven't stocked new bodies yet. So that means that I have to keep this one until the resurrection. I guess I better do what I can to take better care of it and at least try to repair some of the damage that has been done to it.

3 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

I am proud of you. Just take one day at a time and one pound at a time. You can do it!

Holloway Family said...

Thanks Carey!! I'm doin' the best I can and I know it will pay off in spades. Love ya!!

Shauna said...

What a beautiful post! I am new here and I l♥ve your blog :) ♥ Hugs!