Sunday, December 21, 2008

Smart Daughter

My wonderful friend, Cindy, who loves to bake and cook, made goodies for our family and put them in a cute little bag that she made. She does this every year and sews up these bags to put those wonderful delicious treats in. When we took the treats out and ate them all, Kaitlyn decided she wanted to make something out of them. So I had to teach Kaitlyn how to whip stitch the opening closed. She got the stuffing that she bought a couple of weeks ago and proceeded to stuff these bags. She whipstitched them closed and was so proud of herself that she made pillows. Her first 'sewing' project. Kaitlyn was so excited to 'make' something. She has a pair of extra gloves that she wanted to make into turkeys, so she stuffed them, whipstitched them closed and is now coloring them to look like turkeys. She is so creative, I think she gets that from Dave's Mom. She watches me cross stitching or crocheting and is always telling me that she wants to learn how to 'sew' or crochet. I just don't have the patience to sit down with her and show her how. She does know how to cross stitch and has been working on a project for over a year now. Maybe one day she will finally finish it.

1 comment:

The Christensen Family said...

What a great mind to figure that out. I would never have done that.