Monday, December 29, 2008

What a Wonderful Christmas Day!!!

We had so much fun on Christmas Day! The girls woke us up at 5:30 with their talkin', we all got up and showered and got ready for the day. We went downstairs to the living room and opened all of our presents. All the stress and excitement put my back into pain that I haven't had for a couple of weeks now so I had to lay down and take a nap before our company came over to spend the afternoon with us. The Abbotts, a family in our ward, came over at about noon to spend the day with us and have wonderful food which was courtesy of the Commissary. This year I got a bright idea, the best one I've ever had, to order a deli tray, fruit tray, veggie tray, and rolls from the bakery. No hard work or cooking to do. Wendy made dips for chips and the veggies and fruit. We even bought our desserts, we decided on cakes this year instead of pies. We received a box from my parents with wonderful gifts for all of us. I received from my parents several baby blankets to crochet and Dave and the girls gave me all this yarn for crocheting. I'm in HEAVEN!! We had so much fun. When the Abbotts left the sun was shinning and it was warm outside. A couple of hours later Dave checked to make sure that he had locked our gate and it was SNOWING!! We decided that we had to go play in the snow before it all melted. The next morning the girls all went outside to play in it before the sun melted it.

2 comments:

The Christensen Family said...

It sounds like you had a very relaxing and fun Christmas. Those are so much better and nice to remember. I am glad that you had another family to spend with that is always nice also.

Kari said...

Christmas in another country! I miss that. Sounds and looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. Your girls are sure grown up! Give everyone a hug and have a great 2009!!