Thursday, February 3, 2011

One Of Those Weeks?


Have you ever had one of those weeks that you wonder what in the world you're doing? Did we really make the right decision? What are we gonna do to keep everyone happy? Well, this has been one of those weeks. Kaitlyn has been feeling the affects of being away from her sisters, she's had a cold, not been able to sleep, and cries at the drop of a hat. Every night she has cried because she misses her sisters so much, then she can't sleep because her head hurts from crying. I wish I could make the hurt go away, but I also know that she has to learn how to miss people and not dwell on it. Life is too short to be sad all the time. We've had four nights since last Friday that we haven't been able to get her to sleep until well after midnight. She's missed two days of school this week, mainly because she has that cold and was feverish. Her Daddy has given her several Priesthood Blessings to help comfort her in her time of sadness and it helps for a day or two. Sometimes I just don't know what do for her.

1 comment:

Christy said...

It's hard to hurt for your children. I've been doing a little of that this week myself. I guess all we can do is be there for them and teach them to find comfort the way we've found comfort in our lives. Hope it's getting better.