Sunday, November 2, 2008

LAUNDRY

Once in awhile I will be thankful for something silly, one of them is today.

In the states this amount of laundy will be done within two days. The amazing super load washers and dryers are so wonderful, especially when you can run them both at the same time. Here in Europe, or Italy at least, it takes FOREVER to do laundry. The homes here are wired weird and so you can not run more than one major appliance at a time. That means if we are cooking, the washer or dryer have to be turned off.


I am so thankful for those full size washer and dryers. I could go to the laundry mat on base to do my laundry, it would only take a couple of hours and if we went in the middle of the night than it would be very quiet and it would get done a lot faster. I can't wait to get back to the states where I can get that laundry done in a couple of days.




These Barbie-size washer and dryer doesn't allow for more than five pieces of clothing. It takes six DAYS to do laundry. I can't run the washer and dryer at the same time. In the summer we put the clothes on the line outside. It is too humid in the winter to do that, but in any case, it still takes FOREVER to do laundry.
So I am very thankful for full-size washers and dryers.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Being thankful for a washer and dryer is so not silly. I'm grateful for mine. :) I don't want to wash clothes by hand. If I did everyone would just get one outfit. hahaha

The Christensen Family said...

I guess now that you have mentioned it...I am thankful for washer and dryers also. I am glad that I can run both at the same time. Not much longer...

Sabra Palmer said...

I can't even tell you....I am still trying to get used to the idea of getting all my laundry done in a couple of hours. I still expect my washer to be running 3 hours later. My dryer seems to dry so fast. LOL. The things we take for granted!! I had to laugh when I saw your photos of laundry. Mine is easy to wash, but hard to get folded and put away. It might sit on my couch for a couple of days before I can or want to get around to it.
Sure do miss you.

Josh, Kim & Kids said...

I shall never complain about my washer and dryer again. Good luck with that!