Thursday, November 6, 2008

Still Thankful For...

I'm still thankful for full size washers and dryers. Nope, the laundry STILL isn't done. Today I am thankful for my parents, Don and Jenean, they raised me the best they knew how at the time. We might not have always gotten along with each other, or agreed on everything, but they are still my parents. I have apologized to them numerous times since I became a parent for all the crap I pulled. I wasn't the best daughter they could have asked for, but I'm still their daughter. I may not have thought they loved me because of all the groundings I received as a teenager, but I deserved every one of those groundings. Put it all together and it was two years worth. Just kidding. I love being able to talk to them about anything. Some topics weren't discussed growing up, their sex life for one. Now I can ask and my Mom doesn't blush any more! Blushy Girl 2 I enjoy the times that we spend together as adults visiting, eating, playing games, camping, and comforting each other when times are tough. I have to say that my parents are the best parents I could have asked for. They have supported me and Dave in so many ways, emotionally, spiritually, financially, and physically. I hope that in the future I will be able to repay them for all they have done for me by doing for my children what they have done for me. I love them so much. When Daddy had bypass surgery a couple of years ago I realized just how much I need them in my life. And again this last summer when they thought Daddy was gonna have to go back in for heart surgery, I thought I would die because I need my Daddy around for a lot longer. I have helped take care of my Mom when she has had her surgeries and I have grown to appreciate and love her even more. I have had a hard time here in Italy without my Mom to go to lunch with or catch a movie. We truly have become good friends. I love them both very much!!!





1 comment:

Debbie said...

I know what you mean about missing your mom. My mom and I still talk every day thanks to Vonage. It would be hard not having that avenue to stay in touch. We are looking forward to my trip in December. She can go baby shopping with me. Such fun! Love reading your blog!