Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Thankful

I've done really good about writing at least one thing that I am thankful for for thirteen days now, so today I thought I would write something that I'm NOT thankful for.

In 2004 we challenged the state of Utah Tax Commission on their decision on our taxes. When we filed our taxes in 2005 we couldn't file them electronically because someone at the agency had entered our amounts wrong (in 2004 we filed a paper return). Any way Dave found the mistake while doing out 2005 taxes and so now EVERY year we have been audited and each year AFTER we have received a REBATE we get a letter saying that WE OWE them money. This year, 2008, we received a letter for 2006 taxes. It is such a pain in the butt!! We were being honest and pointing out their mistake to them but we got punished for it and have been getting punished every year since.

So I am NOT thankful for the IRS.

I think if we recieved a flat tax of 10% then it would be so much better off. Hey, the church asks for a tithe of 10% and the church is functioning just fine with no debt. The country on the other hand is billions of dollars in debt to who knows what and look where it's headed now. To hell in a hand basket.

Okay I'll get off my soapbox now.

No comments: