Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Personal Thank You

Veterans Day I am sitting here thinking of all of those who have served our great nation in many wars both domestic and foreign and I realized that I have never thanked any of them. I come from a long line of Patriots, those who of served during the Revelutionary War, Civil War, Mormon Battalion, WWI, WWII, Korean, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, War on Terrorism, and in many other places to numerous to name. My Grandfathers served in England and Okinawa during WWII, Grandpa Berkley and my father-in-law Harry Holloway served during Korea, Uncle George, my Dad, brother-in-law Mike Holloway all served during Vietnam, my husband Dave served during the Persian Gulf, my brother Brian and my brother-in-law Mike Holloway have been serving in the War on Terrorism. To many to name served in previous wars. I am so greatful for their sacrifices to leave their families for extensive periods of time to serve our country where ever our soldiers have been needed. THANK YOU. I am very thankful.

Labor Day Parade I would also like to thank the families who have willingly supported their men and women who have gone to war. We have prayed for your families, for your safety and the safety of the servicemen and women.





No comments: