Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

Thunderstorms Remember that song as a kid, "Rain, rain go away, come again another day?" That song doesn't work any more to pacify our need for sunshine. It really has been raining here for three days now. I know the farmers need the moisture for their crops and such, but come on!? Do they have to get their way all the time? Lightning Bolt Today it has been thundering and lightening and it scares Kaitlyn. I can understand since she got freaked out about the couple of tornandos we had here this summer. Tornado We try to keep her calm, but ya know to a 9 year-old everything is a tragedy and there is no comforting them or convincing them that there is no tornado when its like this. Thunder

So even though Wendy and Kaitlyn don't like the extreme heat we do like the sunshine better. Mostly Sunny I love the sun because it helps my depression stay under control. On The Hammock This is my idea of a nice day.

So what am I thankful for today? Sunshine warming my face as I go from my air-conditioned house to my air-conditioned car into whatever air-conditioned building I am going to. Even sitting under a shade tree is good, the smell of fresh cut grass and the delicious smell of the different flowers, the buzzing of the bees (as long as they stay away from me), a tall class of raspberry iced tea and a really good book would be the perfect sunny day for me.






1 comment:

The Christensen Family said...

I like your kind of thinking on a prefect day. On the other hand I do like the rain and thunder and lighting, but I understand about younger kids getting scared. It doesn't pour rain here very often or thunder.