Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Marriage

I am so thankful for the institution of marriage. Living here in Italy I have not been privy to the goings on in the US concerning this Proposition 8 issue. Today I became aware of how serious it is and how the Church members are being persecuted because of their stand against same-sex marriage. I came across this article and felt inspired to share with all of my blogger friends and family (the link is below). I have great love for my family members, but we have a few who support the homosexual life style and we CANNOT tolerate this activity (you know who you are). I feel that as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I must stand up and say, "I believe in the institution of marriage and ANYTHING else is unacceptable." Romans 1:16 reads, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto Salvation" therefore, I AM NOT ASHAMED!!!!

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-divine-institution-of-marriage